Sunday 1 April 2018

Meherangarh fort, Rajasthan, India

As I climbed the steps of Meherangarh fort, I heard their melodious tune. Meherangarh fort situated in the desert town of Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. As I climbed the steps to explore the fort along with the other tourists their music reverberating all around. I had climbed to the top. I mistook the sound as recorded music but no sound boxes came into my view. The folk rajasthani lore stayed with me throughout the tour. Then finally I saw them.The man was playing the sarangi while the woman sang. It was this song and music which I had been hearing all along. The sound strikes the wall, gets reflected and reaches right upto the top. I could only stop and marvel at the amalgamation of the present with the past, the craftsmanship of the architecture and the mesmerising voice which needs no loudspeaker. The same ancient technology which the rajahs used to enjoy music was heard by me to the terrace top while the artisans sang below. Only the clear blue skies and the stone walls of Meherangarh fort remained witness to the passage of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers 🥂

Its not the actual drinking but the romance surrounding it that puts me on a high regarding alcohol. Most of the aura of alcohol drinking ha...